Tuesday, February 10

Capitaland Rights Issue

18comments

  1. Hi
    What would be a fair value to buy capitalland shares taking into consideration of the right issues?

    regards
    aaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi aww,

    I have not done a financial analysis on Capitaland yet so I won't be able to tell you what is the fair value or the intrinsic value of Capitaland. In general, I supposed that since Capitaland is a property counter, once the property market recovers which occurs in tandem with the economy, Capitaland is likely to rebound from its low price now. Besides, I still perceive the market to be still undervalued now. Cheers.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the OIS from Capitaland website that the date one should hold the share should be 23/02 instead 18/02 in order to be able to apply for the 1-2 rights. Is it right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i m based overseas have no access of ATM machine to subscribe to the rights. can do via internet banking? if not i better sell off the rights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I have checked the rights announcement on SGX website. The ex-date is on 19th February while the record date is on 23rd February. Thus Capitaland will go XR i.e. ex-rights on 19th February. You will have to hold Capitaland shares until the 19th of February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I think the easier way is, if you can, get someone to apply for you using your account at the ATM. You might want to check out this forum thread at Channelnewsasia. http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=217975&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=capitaland+rights+issue&start=0

    Regards,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a layman question. As I do not have big chunk of cash laying around but very much interested in Capitaland- what kind of volume should I look for which gives me a decent return. Anyways, is it a good buy at a current price or as lots of people assume, will down a bit

    ReplyDelete
  8. please show me the calculations for 2.01. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I don't understand what you mean by what kind of volume. It is very hard to say whether it is a good buy at a current price as it is very subjective. As for me, a good buy is when I can buy the stock of a strong company cheaply. Unfortunately, I have not done such an analysis for Capitaland yet so I'm not sure whether the current price is a good buy.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Assuming closing price at XR is $2.36,

    Theoretical price would be [($2.36 * 2)+($1.30 * 1)] / 2 = $2.06667 which is around $2.01 since the ratio is 1 : 2. I hope it's clear enough.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi!

    is there a typo error? should be divided by 3 (not 2), ya?

    bye...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Sorry, that's indeed a typo error. Should be divided by 3.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello,

    another thing, the rounding up would be 2.07 (not 2.01)?. in school we were taught if third decimal point more than .5 to round it up at 2nd decimal point. so 2.06666 rounds up to 2.07? or is it that for stock exchange is different way of rounding up?

    don't mind me....

    ReplyDelete
  14. btw, to continue, i bought capitaland and looking at the way things are going today, i think i am going to be 'burnt' to a crisp! on hindsight, my timing was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    Oh dear, I made another typo again. The answer is 2.00666667 which is a recurring decimal. I am short of one more zero in my computation.

    Don't worry. It's not that bad. If you can hold it, I think it's alright once the property market recovers. All the best to you and I hope you can earn some profits.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    By 12 Mar, if we do not pay up for the nil-paid rights, what will happen?

    If I don't pay, will SGX force-sell it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    If I'm not wrong, according to the OIS, if the payment is not received, the provisional allotments of the rights shares will be deemed to have been declined and will lapse and become void. It will then be used to satisfy excess applications.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete