Monday, February 16

1st Adsense Payout

14comments

  1. Thanks. I hope there will be more to come.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually our cheque was quite a breeze, cleared like a normal cheque within 2 days....no questions asked.

    Our cheque was in SGD and we posted it with DBS. No charges incurred at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SGDividends,

    Thanks for the tip. I realized I should have checked my Adsense account more clearly. After looking at your comment, I went to see my Adsense account and there is actually an option for Google to send the cheque to me in SGD. I guess I should have no more problem with this issue anymore. Thanks once again.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!

    I'm new here in Singapore and I'd like to ask if adsense payments are taxable?

    On my 10months here, I've been receiving US$300 in average per month generated from a number of my sites.

    I hope it's not, lah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi kwatog,

    Welcome to Singapore ! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if adsense payouts are taxable. You might want to contact the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore regarding this. Well, I also hope that adsense payouts are not taxable too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. After reading through the IRAS website

    http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page03_ektid154.aspx

    Income received from outside Singapore is not taxable. haha. so that explains why we do not have to declare our adsense income under personal income tax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    That's nice to know of. Thanks for the information.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kay,

    Are you sure Adsense income is not taxable in Singapore? I also have some income in 2009 through adsense and other affiliate accounts, and I'm not sure whether it's taxable here.

    I called IRAS and the person wasn't sure. He checked with his colleague and said it's NOT taxable. But, I don't really trust him as he didn't sound so confident.

    I also checked the IRAS website and it says overseas income is not taxable, but there are some clauses to it.

    Are you declaring (or have declared the Adsense income) for YA 2010?

    Thanks for your help.

    -DFB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi DFB,

    If you are worried, you can email IRAS and get them to reply you so that there is something in print that says that advertising income received from overseas is not taxable. I have not file my tax yet.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    can i just drop the cheque into cheque box? Will it be a problem or must I cash it in myself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    You can just drop the cheque into the cheque box. It should not be a problem. I've been doing this for a long time.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! all i'm new to blogging and i recieve monthly Adsense about SD60 per month
    Question: can i get it every 3 months since it reach SD150
    what bank account suitable for Adsense in SG?

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have been with google adsense for 8 years and i only managed to earn S$100 for each year. now only S$75 for the whole year and its is very hard to earn audience to click adv as those adv were repeating at facebook as well. so these googgle advs are not interesting to gain audience to click

    ReplyDelete