Monday, July 13

Don’t let your home loan haunt you

6comments

  1. I'm sorry to ask an irrelevant question under this post, since I'm afraid you might not see comments on older posts.

    My question is about subscribing to rights issue of pacific andes, i went to posb atm, but it appears pacific andes is not present. later I found out that posb/dbs is not participating bank for rights issue.

    My cdp is linked to posb account, is it possible to use posb atm card in UOB bank ATM to apply for rights issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chong,

    In this case, I don't think you can do so since DBS is not one of the participating banks.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised no one else has commented on this article by Francis Chan. When I first read it, I was quite appalled that he and his batch of friends could be unaware of the loan installment terms, interest rates and loan tenure. After all, getting a mortgage loan is one of the BIG financial decisions in one's life and should not be taken lightly. The attitude he displays seems almost frivolous !

    All I can say is, the young generation better get a hold of their finances and enhance their understanding of personal finance, otherwise we may end up with a new generation of clueless borrowers who live on credit, thus propelling Singapore into its own "sub-prime" disaster.

    Cheers,
    Musicwhiz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Musicwhiz,

    I agree with what you said. The older folks tend to be more conservative and prudent in their spending, especially when it involves a large sum of money.

    On the other hand, the details that goes into a mortgage loan can be numerous and boggling and it can be difficult for the general public to understand and decipher it. So it is understandable that they were caught by the increase in their mortgage payment due to the fluctuating interest rate.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've point one of the many loopholes in the insurance industry.

    the critical illness clause is another point you might want to explain in your blog.

    keep up the good work, i learn a lot from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi $ing,

    Thanks for your compliment. I will probably be touching on the critical illness plans and riders soon.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete