Wednesday, March 25

They pay money to learn to make money

7comments

  1. Hi Kay,

    I have to agree totally that I've seen countless ads on people trying to sell their trading systems via online for a mere wager, which i felt if it's that effective, they would have use it to build up their own riches, why bother to share right? I have always been skeptical with such ads! Nonetheless, thanks for posting this useful info for newbies like me to read. I agree with your sentiments that the traditional way of learning to invest is to do more reading..just like Warren Buffett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barack,

    Furthermore, I suppose investing requires patience. I reckon not a lot of people will take time to read and understand books on investment and wait a few years to reap returns on their investments. Perhaps, that's another reason why trading courses seem to be popular.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay,

    Can I seek your advice on this please? I'm a POEM user and recently I received an invitation from PhilipsCapital to attend a ETF seminar at SGX. The program highlights include Lyrox ETFs, trends etc. What is your opinion on this? Where and how do you think I should start with Investing? Thanks.

    Barack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barack,

    I think it will be good to go to the ETF seminar to gain new knowledge and insights. Perhaps, you can put in your capital in to purchase the STI ETF or the DBS STI ETF 100. Meanwhile, you can read up more on investing. Once you have more knowledge and done research on the individual stocks, you can put some of your capital in individual stocks to start off with. If you can beat the index over a long period of time, perhaps it will be more beneficial to invest in individual stocks. Otherwise, it will be better to just leave your funds in a ETF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay,

    Thanks for your invaluable feedback. I will start off with reading investing books to gain knowledge and skills.

    I apologised for my countless queries rained on you. Thanks for your time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barack,

    I'm glad to be of some help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I have attended many previews. I felt AsiaCharts & AchieverLife trainers look honest and sincere. Anyone have attended care to share? I am not sure should I learn Options Stock Trading or just Stock trading as well. Just asking, is intra day trading available for Stock or Options Stock trading?

    ReplyDelete