Monday, December 8

STI ETF vs Unit Trust

7comments

  1. Thanks for the informative article. I agree that in long run, ETF would outperform index fund as well due to its lower ER. Just wondering whether you yourself encounter liquidity problem for ETF purchase? Since i don't have much money to invest, i also think about whether investing in a single blue-chip company (eg. SingTel) share or STI ETF. What is your view on this? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zzz,

    So far I have not encountered any liquidity problem when I'm purchasing the STI ETF as the amount that I'm purchasing is not that substantial. I suggest that you should invest in the STI ETF rather than a single blue chip company if you don't have the time to analyze the financials and the business of the company. Since the STI ETF is holding a portfolio of stocks, there is some diversification to some extent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kay,

    Thanks a lot for your advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such great post, as i am having less information about this, so your post will help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zzz and Alex,

    I'm glad to be of some help.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no advantage of UT over ETF? then why the existence of UT?

    ReplyDelete
  7. All Investments carry risk, just do within your means

    ReplyDelete